Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fun In The Snow

We were warned we might get some of the lake effect snow here in central Michigan, although we wouldn't get it like those west of us. When I got up it was snowing which was no surprise. When I took Sweet Pea out for a walk, it was not snowing...it was blizzarding. The snow was falling so thick and heavy, I was glad I was not out on a road somewhere trying to get to some place else.

We talked it over and decided we'd probably stay in for the day. By breakfast time, although the snow had slowed, we had a good six inches on the ground. Since my shoulder surgery, I can't manage a snow shovel so that meant Jamelah would have to do the heavy work. It was left to me to go outside and clean off the cars. The snow was light and airy and moving it was easy. Jamelah took Sweet Pea out to play in the snow before she began shoveling. I had one car cleared off when I saw a guy with a blade on the front of his truck plowing out the neighbors drive. I figured it was a good idea to have him come over and plow us out. He said "sure" and we got the cars moved and in 10 minutes he had all of Jamelah's work done.

Nothing left to do but celebrate. Jamelah went out to play catch with Sweet Pea (she loves catching snow balls, go figure) and I ran in to get my camera. I had a feeling there would be some fun pictures to take. I was right about that. Now it looks as one point that the dog is trying to eat Jamelah's head, but I assure you that no people were harmed in the making of this slide show. It could have happened, sure, but it didn't.

I had to go to the store and had told Mom to let me know what she needed and I'd pick up her things. She called back later and said for me not to stop. She didn't want anything from the store and she DID NOT want me to drive into her driveway. Her neighbors had shoveled it clean and she wanted to keep it that way. Well, OK then.

That's just so you'll know that Mom is doing fine. We went to visit the neurologist last Wednesday and his diagnosis regarding the "heaviness" in her leg was that she has neuropathy. He also wanted to get a scan of her lower back and we will have that done tomorrow, but won't get the report back until later this month. Aside from that, Mom is feeling better than she has in a long time and is enjoying her independence more. She likes being able to do for herself.

So all is well on this wintry day in Michigan. Enjoy the slide show as you watch Sweet Pea eat Jamelah's head (although, not really). Click on fun below for show. Because the slideshow moves quickly it is good to set the speed at the slowest possible speed to see clearly, well, at least on my computer, it may be different on yours.

fun

No comments: