Monday, January 22, 2007

5 Things You Didn't Know About Me (a meme)

I love reading these things but am bad about doing them... but since Caryn tagged me, I'll do my thing. So here goes...

Five Things You Didn't Know About Me (I think)

1. I love to design and make clothes. When "the kid" was small, I did this a lot. My greatest creation was the flower girl dress she wore to my neice's wedding. At that time we just didn't buy stuff new. But since I was "gifted" I could pretty much look at something, find a pattern with similar basic lines, and tailor make clothes for my daughter. She had really neat outfits when she was growing up. I made costumes for her school plays, her prom dress, and usually a new outfit in the fall for her birthday. She had a thing back then and thought she should always get a new red dress for her birthday. Anyway, here is the flower girl dress.


We still have it.

2. Caryn mentioned the bridges thing. And along with that, I'm rather squeamish when it comes to heights, too. I rather die on parking ramps if I'm past the 2nd level. There is something flip/floppy that starts happening inside my internal organs, and then I start getting light headed. I guess the technical term for this is "panic attacks". Well, whatever! It sure is uncomfortable. Now, I handle heights better when I have solid ground under me (like on top of mountains); but tall buildings, and those stupid glass elevators. Whoever came up with that idea anyway? I even have trouble with motion sickness in theatres when they are doing that swoopy scene thing from up high, I have to close my eyes. Isn't that the silliest thing?

3. My age. I mean that's something about me not every one knows, because most people think I'm younger than I look. Yeah, the deal is to list 5 things you DON'T know about me. IT doesn't say I have to tell you what my age really is, now does it?

4. I have a bachellor's degree. That's right I do. I attended college and graduated with a BA degree in theology. Because I am not the preacherly type most people are rather surprised by this. I worked most of my life in an office setting. However right out of college I taught Theology and English at a small Indian Bible school in Phoenix, Arizona. I stopped teaching when I married at the "old maid" age of 28. After my husband died I did not go back to teaching but instead worked in the "real" world and have stayed there.

5. I still love to teach. I just don't have the opportunity to do so right now. But teaching is my most favorite thing to do. I taught in church settings until recently and now am the church secretary. But, I would like very much to have an opportunity to teach Biblical truths again. My special interest is digging into theological concepts. Yeah, that's fun. Really it is. Enjoy setting around the table and just talking about these truths that are so vital to me. You see, I really do believe that God is real, that He likes me a lot and enjoys hanging out with me.

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Great list ... I didn't know you made a lot of clothes! Definitely want to see that prom dress!

anniefay said...

jamelah: Well, now that you're aging a bit, I see you don't need to blurt out my age all the time. This is a good thing.

caryn: perhaps a viewing could be arranged. for your eyes only, of course.