Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It seems the only thing I am passionate about this winter is the weather. I can't stand that every time I converse with someone I am usually talking about work or about how hard it is to get to work. It's not news to anyone that Michigan is cold in the winter. It isn't news to me either. It is not news to anyone who knows me that I complain a lot in the winter about how cold it is.

But this winter is abominable. Really abominable. So far they report that we have received 26 inches more snow already this year than we typically get in an entire winter season. Maybe that means winter is done. It did its meanest to us and now it is all wintered out. I hope so. I know for dang sure that I'm all wintered out.

But we're only half way through the winter. If we get as much snow the rest of the season as we have gotten so far we will definitely not only be ahead of the average we will be breaking records. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking.

I don't want to break any records. I want it to end. Now! Today.

It looks good outside. The weatherman said it would climb above freezing today and although it hasn't made it yet, I'm still optimistic. It is 28 degrees. That's like balmy considering we've been having sub zero temps and wind chills. The sun is even shining. Just 4 degrees warmer and these mountains of white gook could melt before they turned nasty brown.

I'm hoping. I'm hoping. At least today maybe it will feel like like we do not live in the Tundra. And soon, if I make it through the next 2 months, then it really will be spring. I can hardly wait for flowers and butterflies and warm sun on my face. I can hardly wait.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: