Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Well here we are! January 1, 2009! That just blows my mind. Really, it does! Remember in 1999 the world was supposed to blow up or something like that. Nine years later and we're still here, pretty much doing the same stuff we were doing then, only with neater technology.

It has been a busy year. I'm back to working full time. It seemed like a good idea when I made the decision, but I'm beginning to feel like I'd like to not work: not part time, not full time, not any time. I blame the arrival of winter this year for that. I just don't want to scrape any more ice off my windshield and then freeze my bunns off while heading to work, ever again. I have promised myself that I will stop working in 2009. It's a promise I hope to keep.

My mom's battle with cancer in 2007 seemed to keep us all running. Her cancer exists but it is doing nothing but just sitting there. Not growing, not spreading... just sitting there. It has little to do with her health and she only goes to see her oncologist 2 times a year now. We saw these changes this year. It is good to not be making monthly trips to doctors and to labs for blood work and all those other tests that became a part of her life. Her big problems are the spinal spinosa (however you spell that) and the neuropathy in her legs. She misses being able to do all the things she did not that long ago. But she turns 95 this year and the doctors tell her she is doing great. She thinks that diagnosis is hilarious. "Great" to her would be doing all the stuff she was still to do when she was 80.

Through this year I have had reinforced in my life that God is good. We have had some setbacks but He has been faithful. I celebrate my belief in Him and am at peace having Him in charge. I look forward to this year. I believe it will be a year of new things; or maybe old things for me. I want to stir up the giftings God placed in me and return to doing the things that blessed me and blessed those lives I touched. It is going to be a good year.

No comments: