Monday, April 07, 2008

Lovin' My Job

Phone Rings...

I pick it up and the following conversation takes place

ME: Good afternoon. Assessing. This is Anne. May I help you?

SHE: Can you tell me which office this is?

ME: Assessing

SHE: Oh, Recessing. OK, then. I wondered if you could help me?

ME: I don't know. What did you need.

SHE: I want to know how I go about getting out of a contract.

ME: What kind of a contract?

SHE: A housing contract.

ME: I'm not sure I know the answer.

SHE: Can I just go down there and tell them to take my name off it?

ME: I don't know exactly the type contract you are talking about.

SHE: Do you think I have to get a lawyer?

ME: (flash of inspiration) Yes, I think that would probably be a wise choice.

SHE: So, you can't tell me?

ME: No, I'm afraid I don't have expertise in the area where you need advice. I don't think I am qualified to properly answer your question.

SHE: Then I should talk to a lawyer?

ME: Yes, that would be a good idea.

SHE: Uh, Ok then, goodbye.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I love my job. Why did I think I would ever like to retirement.

No comments: