Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas With Mom

Well it's been about 3 months since I added a post here. Sorry about that. Things got a little busy and I tried to keep family updated with emails. In the meantime, we appreciate your prayers. God has been faithful... and, well, here's the latest.

Immediately after Thanksgivings we all got sick. Mom wound up in the hospital with pneumonia. After nearly a week she got to come home to us. She is doing better now and regaining her strength. We are thankful that God was with us. Things could have turned out much differently.

Her surgery, which had been scheduled, has been postponed. Her medical team will be re-evaluating her in March and she can make any decision she needs to make at that time. They cancer is not spreading; and they are keeping a close eye on this with C-scans and such. I find myself no longer "rooting" for her to have surgery. The doctor says there are no guarantees that surgery will prolong her life nor will it add to the quality of life she has remaining. So, we will see what happens in March.

James and Phyllis may head for Florida in January. But for now, it has been more than a blessing having them here. They have been awesome and without them I can't imagine the last few months.

We had an awesome Christmas. We (Vonnie's boys; Marty and his wife Debbie and Wendell), Phyllis & James and me and Jamelah. We had a great dinner, a lot of laughs and it was great just gathering together. You can visit the pictures I took (with the camera Jamelah gave me for Christmas).

pictures here

No comments: