Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I'm Freezing

Honestly, I am freezing. Of course it is cold up here in Michigan, but why do I have to freeze. Why? I've never really noticed being this cold when winter blasted in with cold north winds and began the task of chilling me to the bones. I have a good furnace, warm clothing, gloves, a hat; no problem.

But this year, for some reason. I'm freezing! I get cold and find it impossible to get warm. My nose is constantly cold, just like a poor sick puppy. I'm not sick mind you, I don't even have a cold... cold is what I am, not what I have.

I am bundled up in a heavy sweater, still I am cold. I wake up in the middle of the night with my teeth chattering and bundle up in extra blankets which never get me warm enough to fall back asleep until right before the alarm goes bellering off.

I wonder when I shall be warm again. I wonder when my lips will no longer be blue, I wonder when my toes will stop screaming when I take off my shoes. I wonder when...

Wait! I know. Right about July 4. I don't know if I can wait. I should move to Australia.

No comments: