Monday, September 13, 2004

Thank You????

Just because I hate them so much… And needed a good place to vent.

These “thank you” commercials make me crazy.

Just tell me, girls, if you were grocery shopping and another shopper came up, placed her hand on your tummy and said “oh, you’re having a boy!” and you in astonishment reply “I’m not pregnant”... she has the audacity to respond “Thank you.” Not "excuse me," or "i'm sorry," but "Thank you!"... WHAT?

Now tell the truth - Would you have waited for that particular “thank you” or would you have (before she had a chance to reply) decked the ho, upended her into her shopping cart then pushed her - cart and all into the meat locker and slammed the door on the bizzatch!

Or how about the gal out to dinner with her guy and asks “are we ever getting married?” and he hems and haws around a bit then answers “Thank you”. She gets all swooshey and says “you’ve never said that to me before.” WHAT?

How long has she been dating this go nowhere scumbag… and he has never on any occasion said “thank you”… and she’s all happy about it. I mean… what she should have done is toss her liquid beverage in his face and stomped out of the restaurant. I don’t know who’s the least likable character in that commercial; the sidestepping guy or the dumb girl.

Furthermore, you could ask me a hundred times what they were advertising in these ads… and I couldn’t tell you. I get too upset by the idiotic idea that you can get out of a bad situation by smiling and saying “thank you”… now I believe “thank yous” are important… but really, now!

and since i'm lamblasting commercials... do you pity the poor woman who opens an envelope from the bank and a desert island starts pouring in, completely destroying her home and leaves her kerplunk in the middle of nowhere... where her lawn is supposed to be ... a little grass, skads of strangers and my guess: no plumbling, not even the outdoor type. yeah, that's worth getting excited about! the lesson i get from this commercial... any envelope i get from that bank: DON'T OPEN! Ever!

1 comment:

Caryn said...

whoa! I haven't seen these commercials, but they sound totally fabulous. I think you need TiVo or something so you can fast forward to the commercials... it's for your own good, trust me.