Friday, February 08, 2008

The Weather's Wot Did The Old Gurl In!

This is what people will say after my demise this season! But, the winter from hell, is what I nonaffectionately call it. I swear, this is one of the worst winters of my life. First off, we're told due to global warming its going to be milder. That's great! Milder I can handle. We have been having "milder" winters. So, I was expecting something along the lines of the last few winters.

Yeah! That is exactly what is NOT happening. Since the beginning of December we have had (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)winter(brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). Cold the weathermen describes as "arctic blasts" which is well said. Along with the "arctic blast" comes a foot of snow. Followed by 2 days of "mild" weather with rain and a couple thunder storms. Goodbye foot of snow. This "mild" weather is then followed by another "arctic blast" accompanied by another foot of snow; "and the beat goes on" but not in that soft, jazzy vocal voice, but in something a bit more AC/DC.

So, it isn't like we din't get a January thaw this year (this is a warm trend which lasts a week or 10 days and gets rid of all the ugly snow that has accumulated). It's like we got 4 January thaws and they only lasted 2 days each.

We were promised things would get better and we were looking forward to 4 days of uneventful, calm days. They took that all away with another "arctic blast" and 6 inches of snow; we were to get up into the low 30's yesterday. It never made it past 28. My office temp climbs all the way up to about 50. I come in freezing, I go home freezing.

All I'm saying is, I want spring.
I do not want to hear how you are suffering where you are because the temperature may drop down to 40, or that you will have to put on a sweater when you go out today because your high will only be in the mid 50s. Don't even tell me about it. If you talk to me, I suggest the subject topic of weather not even come up. Yes, that would be a good idea.

Now, I have to go build a fire in the corner of my office, because I'm freakin freezing in here.

No comments: