Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It Was a Happy Birthday!

Well, yesterday I arrived at my 66th birthday. I think I was a little surprised. I celebrated by taking back a job with the Assessing Department at the City (currently part-time) while still retaining (for now) my part time job as a church secretary!

WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I couldn't help but smile at myself since I am "retired" yet, between the 2 jobs now working full time again. I guess I'm off my nut or something. I was really surprised to be happily headed back to my old office and desk (I retired 2 years ago) and although I seemed to be blundering through a fog at first, I soon found myself feeling at ease and recalling which keys to push to get the necessary results from the assessing software. I should feel at home with that stuff, I certainly used it long enough.

My daughter took me out for supper and we had a great time hanging out and enjoying the ambience of the steak house. It was great fun. We got back home a little after 9pm and after a few routine tasks I hit my recliner and turned on the TV. I woke up with a start at 10, realizing I was worn out. I did the bed time stuff and trundled off to bed. Altoether pleased with myself and feeling like a kid again, back to working full time. Is not that weird.

Anyway, Go Me! And Happy Birthday and all that jazz!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

You sure know how to party, Anne ;) Congrats on the job, you sound very happy! And happy belated birthday to you!

Jim bro said...

Happy B'day as they say aging is a trip, a trip to the chiropractor, a trip to the doctor, a trip to the hospital, a trip to ......// H... Happy belated Birthday anyway.

Love
big bro